- Serve as liaison between TEA and districts in providing technical assistance needed by districts to achieve quality CTE programs, enhancement of academic and technical knowledge and skills, quality career counseling and guidance activities, teacher certification activities, and career and technical eduction student organizations.
- Provide technical assistance to districts involved with Performance-Based Monitoring Intervention activities.
- Provide assistance to districts in completing the annual Carl D. Perkins application and developing and implementing related activities.
- Coordinate and provide for CTE professional development activities for teachers, administrators, curriculum specialists, and teacher educators.
- Disseminate education resources to districts
- Establish and maintain communications among districts colleges, universities, workforce development boards, and the TEA CTE staff.
- Provide activities to promote student enrollment in non-traditional courses and increase awareness and understanding of non-traditional careers.
Career & Technical Education
Notes from CTE Update TETN on April 10th, 2013
Click here to access the TEA PowerPoint
Click here to access the Grants Division PowerPoint
Click here to access the New Innovative Course Listing & Contact Information
Click here to access the Student Certification Crosswalk
CTE Program Services
Resources and Other Links
Statement of Nondiscrimination
It is the policy of the Education Service Center – Region 17 not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, or handicap in the career and technical education program, services or activities as required by Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, as amended; Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972; the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, as amended; and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended.