Student Evaluation/Assessment Services
Region 17 ESC Special Education staff provides professional development and technical assistance to local education agencies (school districts and charter schools) to assist in meeting federal, state, and local mandates for evaluation, reevaluation, monitoring progress toward IEP goals, and in determining effectiveness of the education program.
Region 17 ESC staff provides collaborative opportunities for evaluation personnel to network to review current topics, share innovative practices, make connections to community resources, and share information with colleagues.
- Provide technical assistance regarding individual student assessments including eligibility assessments, vocational assessments, learning styles and learning media assessments, dyslexia assessment, psychological assessments, speech & language evaluation, neurodevelopmental assessments, behavioral assessments, orientation and mobility evaluations, learning media assessments, functional and clinical vision evaluations and assessments for assistive technology.
- Provide consultation to evaluation personnel regarding student assessments upon request.
- Conduct staff development for assessment personnel.
- Facilitate and participate on regional assessment teams.
- Provide consultation and technical assistance regarding alternative assessments for special education students.
- Loan assessment instruments to qualified individuals in local schools.
Resources and Links:
U.S. Department of Education:
Resources on evaluating the student for the presence of a disability are accessible through the NICHCY
Funding Source: Federal: IDEA-B Discretionary; State: