Region 17 is now offering multiple e-mail options for districts to take advantage of, taking the burden off of district personnel having to manage an e-mail server.
Basic E-mail Features
- 150Mb of e-mail storage
- Access to e-mail anywhere in the world via Microsoft Web Outlook
- Virus and SPAM protection for every account
- E-mail is removed from the server via a POP3 e-mail client at the district
Enhanced E-mail options
- All of the Basic E-mail features
- Expanded e-mail storage of 2GB of e-mail, contacts, and calendars
- Push services for calendar, contacts and e-mail to mobile devices (ex. iPhone, Android, Windows Mobile Phone, etc.)
- Detailed e-mail backup
- Blackberry Enterprise mobility
- E-mail Archiving
- Option to share calendars and contacts with others at your district
Region 17 also offers e-mail for the students at your district. With a student e-mail account from ESC Region 17, students can not only have an e-mail account for use during dual credit courses, but also have e-mail that is filtered from SPAM and viruses. These student accounts can also be setup to allow teachers access to monitor
e-mail and manage the accounts.
Options for Districts not using Region 17 ESC Hosted E-mail:
There are even some filtering options available to those districts which choose to have their own e-mail server. Through Google/Postini filtering available through Region 17’s Network and Instructional Technology interlocal cooperative arrangement, districts are able to take advantage of a SPAM and virus filter which eliminates both threats before they ever make it to the district e-mail server. For more information on any or all of the services discussed here, contact Kyle Plumlee at email@example.com.