Internet content filtering is $ 2.00 per student for schools who are participating in the Network and Infracture Technology contract. Region 17 ESC has installed the R3000 filter from M86 Security to provide web content filtering and reporting for school districts. The M86 solution that has been implemented allows districts that are connected directly to Region 17 ESC to utilize the server at Region 17, or to have their own M86 box installed locally at the district. With either solution, districts have full control of the filtering level at their school, even allowing overrides for administrators if needed.
Districts that do not come to Region 17 for their internet service also have the option to purchase filtering services from Region 17. They can install an M86 filter directly at the district and just as districts that connect directly to Region 17, control every aspect of their district's internet filtering.
Some of the benefits of using M86 for internet filtering include:
- Improves productivity by eliminating time wasted on unauthorized Web sites, Instant Messaging (IM) and Peer-to-Peer (P2P) applications.
- Mitigates filtering and reporting issues and frees up IT management for mission-critical projects.
- Provides management with tools to enforce an organization's Acceptable Use Policy.
- Complies with filter-enforcing laws such as CIPA, HIPAA and Sarbanes-Oxley.
- Protects against damaging and costly legal liabilities due to exposure to inappropriate or offensive Web content.
- Secure confidential information against spyware, phishing agents and peer-to-peer transfers.
- Controls access to bandwidth-intensive sites.
If you would like more information on the M86 Security company, feel free to click on the image below to link to their education page.
If you are already an internet filtering customer with Region 17 ESC, you can manage your filtering options by browsing to http://8e6.esc17.net:88.
For more information contact: