Progress in the General Curriculum (PGC)
The PGC Network works in collaboration with the Texas Education Agency (TEA) to determine, establish, and maintain a Texas PGC Initiative as applicable to grades kindergarten through twelve. Education Service Center, Region 17 participates in the 20-region PGC Network, which coordinates and provides professional development and technical assistance to school districts, schools, and charter schools focused on all students with disabilities being involved in and showing progress in the general curriculum through curricular and instructional adaptations in the least restrictive environment.
PGC Network Goal
The goal of the PGC Network is to increase results for students with disabilities. This includes:
- An increase in state assessment proficiency rates in reading and mathematics for students with disabilities;
- An increase of students with disabilities served in general education; and
- A decrease of students with disabilities served outside of general education classrooms.
As such, the PGC Network has developed resources specific to:
- Standards-Based Individualized Education Programs (IEPs);
- Least Restrictive Environment (LRE);
- Specially Designed Instruction (SDI); and
- Grading and Progress Monitoring.