- Provide to school districts within Region 17 education service area, reading alternative in recorded formats which may be appropriate for use by individuals and organizations nationwide seeking to enrich the lives of children and adults who - because of physical, learning or vision limitations - cannot read for themselves.
- Provide available state adopted textbooks for grades 1 - 12 in recorded formats.
- Provide supplementary literature for elementary, middle school, high school and adult levels in recorded formats.
- Provide assistance in supplying specific requested readings on an individual basis.
- Recordings are available on standard two-track cassettes. Selected titles are now available on CD (MP3 format).
Services limited to Region 17's 63 school districts
surrounding Lubbock, Texas
Please call the ESC Contact for availability of other textbooks in recorded formats. Have the following information available before calling:
Please call the ESC Contact below for availability of other titles in the Taped Literature Library.
Acrobat Search Feature:
Most versions of Adobe Acrobat Reader include a search feature. Using the search feature in Adobe Acrobat Reader, you can search for books by title, author, publisher, etc. Look for the binoculars in the icon bar at the top of the Acrobat window.
Funding Source: Local
Cost/Fee: $2 per cassette tape/reel
Region 17, Student Support Services